1. Speak to people. There is nothing as nice as a big cheerful word of greeting.
2. Smile at people. It takes 72 muscles to frown and only 14 to smile.
3. Call people by name. The sweetest music to anyone’s ear is the sound of their own name.
4. Be friendly and helpful. If you would have friends, be friendly.
5. Be cordial. Speak and act as if everything you do is a genuine pleasure.
6. Be generous with praise and cautious with criticism.
7. Be thoughtful of the opinion of others. There are three sides to a controversy: yours, the other person’s and the right one.
8. Be alert to give service. What counts most in life is what we do for others.
9. Be genuinely interested in people. You can like almost everyone if you try.
10. Be considerate of the feelings of others.